Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Embedly Powered

We celebrated Mom’s birthday a day early, with a big family lunch at Vikings, SM North The Block.  Just like last year, Amir’s antics made it an even more fun and interesting lunch date. Hehe.

The party had the same attendees as last year: my parents, Alfred, Amir and his parents, with the addition of Eia, Diane’s sister. Except for Alfred and myself, it was everyone else’s first time at Vikings. We didn’t get to reserve a table in advance, but we only had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated. Amir was under three feet and was in for free, which was a good thing because he hardly ate anything really. He did seem to have a lot of fun dancing to the waiters who sang happy birthday to all the celebrants. Before we left, he also had the chance to walk and run around the restaurant.

We all had food that we liked, nothing was wasted because everything tasted really good. We also got to talk about other buffets and agreed that Vikings is definitely a cut above the Kamayan/Dads/Saisaki buffet. The ambiance was also what one would expect from a hotel buffet area, except they didn’t have custom tablecloths with logo on them. The decor was nice and mostly elegant, and the chairs had nice upholstery.

It would have been a good time to take a complete family photo for my journal, but we didn’t get the time to do that before the table was cluttered with empty plates and glasses. After lunch, my brother took Diane and Eia for some school supply shopping, while Mom and Dad watched Amir. I finally got myself a bottle of Novuhair and some cold medicine for Alfred. Amir only stayed still while nibbling on some Mrs. Fields cookies, but he wasn’t even done with the second one when he got off the chair to run around again!

I had a really boring weekend, if not for today’s lunch. Sometimes though, boring is okay specially when you have colds, cough, and headaches. How was your weekend?

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 23rd, 2013 at 7:37 pm and is filed under Family, Videos. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

13 Responses to “Happy Birthday, Grandma!”

class="alt" id="comment-198894">

Rosemarie/Gven-Rose June 23rd, 2013 at 10:32 pm

ohh!! that is his way of greeting the celebrant, pa cute.. hehehe.. and he is in deed.. belated happy birthday to your grandma
Rosemarie/Gven-Rose´s last [post] ..The Reason Of Painful Foot

id="comment-199281">

Daddy Yashiro June 24th, 2013 at 10:01 am

So you’ve been there to Vikings already. Too bad wifey is the only who got an invite last week and it was held at Vikings. She was really full that night and she enjoyed the foods. Me? Got hungry waiting… hahaha.
Daddy Yashiro´s last [post] ..The Search For First BlueWater Day Spa Babies

class="alt" id="comment-199506">

Meikah Ybanez-Delid June 24th, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Happy birthday to your mom! ;) That’s usually the case, the “apos” take the limelight. hehehe
Meikah Ybanez-Delid´s last [post] ..My Go-To Pick-Upper

id="comment-199582">

kat June 24th, 2013 at 9:54 pm

I sometimes wish I have boring weekends. I need to reevaluate this work from home thing. hahaha How did I become a workaholic? I have backlogs of TV shows!

I wanna try Vikings! One day!
kat´s last [post] ..A Trip to the Divine Mercy Shrine in El Salvador City

class="alt" id="comment-203808">

Rose July 3rd, 2013 at 10:35 am

given the chance, i would definitely try vikings if i find myself in manila one of these days. my officemates from our manila site swear by it and they make it a point to eat there once in a month.

id="comment-203845">

reese July 3rd, 2013 at 12:16 pm

happy b-day to your mom…
amir is cute as ever, haha
reese´s last [post] ..San Roque dwellers are legitimate occupants! Their fight is justifiable!

class="alt" id="comment-204299">

Mommy Maye July 4th, 2013 at 9:02 am

Amir is so cute. Toddlers are really so active. Matt cannot sit still for a long time. He needs to consume the all the calories in his body, haha. Happy Birthday to your Mom!
Mommy Maye´s last [post] ..Champs Chewable Vitamins

id="comment-204928">

max July 5th, 2013 at 11:03 am

amir is a chariming kid
happy b-day to your mom, how old is she?

Naku, hindi halata pero 64 na sya :)

class="alt" id="comment-205346">

Farida July 6th, 2013 at 9:04 am

Thanks for giving your honest review about Vikings. I’m not a fan of buffets because I don’t eat that much. Takaw tingin lang ako and I easily get full because I eat quite slowly. But I’ll share this to my family :) Amir certainly makes everyone happy! Cute!

id="comment-205445">

KRIZZA July 6th, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Belated Happy Birthday to your Mom! Haven’t tried Viking, too. I hope I can have a visit with my family, too. Amir is such a darling!
KRIZZA´s last [post] ..Where To Dine At Saigon

class="alt" id="comment-205702">

JanzCrystalz July 7th, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Belated Happy Birthday to you mom Vera! You sure had a great lunch!
JanzCrystalz´s last [post] ..Human Nature Natural Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner (Lush Vanilla)

vitamine Orthomol January 17th, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Vitamin c cream orthomol i think, that you are mistaken. i can prove it. write to me in PM, we will discuss