10 Reasons I am Thankful for Our Home
- We live in a family compound.
- We’re practically rent-free (thanks Mom and Dad!).
- We’re near a hospital (there are two hospitals within our barangay, and there are 2 more that are also very near us).
- If we ever have human kids, they can walk to school where I walked to school! (Oh well sige na nga, there was a time when Papa (grandpa) took us to school, then my Daddy would also take me (and also sundo), and there was a time I took a school bus too. Pero walking distance talaga sya, so in high school I mostly walked to school. Hahaha). Oh, we don’t live in the same house from when I was a kid, but it’s in the same Barangay.
- We have so many memories in this compound.
- It’s very accessible. I really feel like we are in the center of Metro Manila. (Okay, so not the street our house is on, but this area in general)
- Work can be under 10 minutes away (after midnight, no traffic, and if work is in Centris or Cubao). Makati is 30 minutes away (also late at night hahha).
- If I seem to have fallen off the face of the earth and you can’t get in touch with me on social media or thru my phone/email, it is highly likely that there will always be someone here who would know what was up or how to pass along a message. When you fill out forms asking for a Permanent Address, this is it.
- We have a small house, but there’s just the right space for our dogs. And the hubby even gets to have a Lego room! And you might not believe how much books we’ve managed to stuff in here.
- It’s messy more times than it’s all spic and span, but it’s where I find comfort. There truly is no place like home.
So is this our forever home? Maybe. I still dream of a big house with a pool, and a garden that would have lots of flowers, and vegetable plots too. I still dream of living in the mountains, or near a clean and swimmable body of water. But right now, I am thankful to have this place to call home.
**Click link to read my other 30 Days of Thankful 2018 posts. That would make me #verathankful if you do 🙂