Thursday Thirteen #17 – Site Changes
Over the weekend (and still ongoing) my site has been through changes! So for my seventeenth edition of Thursday Thirteen, here are both subtle and obvious changes to verabear.net:
- 1- The main theme/template. From bright to dark.
- 2- Changed the default logo that came with the theme. I might be changing that one again this weekend though.
- 3- Removed the About the Author and Ads sections of the Sidebar
- 4- Added ads under the Header and under the Footer, but only for the Main Index page.
- 5- Changed the way Archived posts are displayed. The default display only listed the contents but I wanted the actuall posts shown too when you clicked on a Category, for example.
- 6- Edited the appearance of the Threaded Comments Plugin to match the template.
- 7- Removed the “author” property (e.g. posted by verabear) for each post. I don’t feel that I need it because I’m the only one who posts here anyway.
- 8- Added a gallery plugin – NextGen – which I may not be able to use after all because I’d have to pay per additional 8M of PHP memory.
- 9- Changed the color scheme for my Bidvertiser and Google Ads.
- 10- The Subscribe area. I never had one although the previous template also had an RSS link by default.
Still looking forward to changing/adding the rest…
- 11- A photo gallery that’s hopefully integrated with WP
- 12- Top Commentors plugin
- 13- I might add an Instant Messaging Control box so we can chat real time when I’m online 🙂 I had one back when I was still blogging at my Blogger address but the only one that ever chatted with me was Tracy and we chat on Messenger all the time anyways. Haha. Maybe I’ll get to know more blog readers next time I set it up, or at least I am hoping too. 😉
Feedback has been generally positive about the new look. More importantly, I am quite happy with the changes. 😀
**Checkout my previous TT’s here and here.
**I have just added Mister Linky, please add your links so Thirteeners can easily find you 🙂
October 23, 2008 @ 9:40 pm
Great list, Sounds like a lot of changes. I go through that too now and then. Though I was kinda stupid the I actually deleted a blog that had 4 years worth of stuff in it. NEVER AGAIN, lol.
October 23, 2008 @ 10:58 pm
I must admit I’ve stayed with the same template since I started my blog.
I may change it one day.
October 24, 2008 @ 12:41 am
Oh my, 4 years worth! How did you feel about that? Something went wrong with my first blog just a few months since I started it and when I couldn’t access it I felt bad. But I didn’t know how much it impacted me until I was able to access it again maybe two or three years later – it was like seeing a long lost friend.
October 24, 2008 @ 12:44 am
Try it, you can always change it back if you find that you don’t like it 🙂
I’ve had the same layout for my Bravejournal blog for the last 4 years. Thanks for visiting!
October 24, 2008 @ 3:39 am
Wow, very nice. Not sure what all the changes are, but the site looks great.
October 24, 2008 @ 3:48 am
Thanks! I wanted to comment on your TT but I’ve been getting Blogger unavailable errors when submitting comments (not just on yours, don’t worry 😉 ).
Don’t worry about being gifted enough. “Talent is desire.” – This was a real gem from all those tips you listed. I’m not an aspiring novel writer but I do want to improve my writing 🙂
October 24, 2008 @ 5:31 am
An instant message box is a cool idea. HAPPY TT!
The Gal Herself
October 24, 2008 @ 5:36 am
You’re so techy, and so comfortable with the language! I’m jealous of you. I get frustrated to tears when I tray to embed a video onto my blog. Keep up the good work, and thanks for visiting my TT.
October 24, 2008 @ 6:06 am
Hi & thanks for stopping by my blog. Sounds like you’ve been busy – 13 site changes in one weekend is a lot of work!
October 24, 2008 @ 6:12 am
Love the new changes here. :)I miss you and our regular chat. 🙁
October 24, 2008 @ 8:03 am
You’ve made a lot of changes. I don’t think I’d dare change mine because I’d be too scared of screwing everything up. I don’t even remember how I put my site together in the first place 2 years ago!
October 24, 2008 @ 9:44 am
Easy to read, easy to navigate. Nice job!
October 24, 2008 @ 11:28 am
So chances are good you’ve looked at coding until yhour eyes are crossed.
October 24, 2008 @ 11:53 am
Looking good! Careful though, website can be major time suckers. I had to get someone to handle my site for me because I couldn’t stop futzing around with it. LOL!
October 24, 2008 @ 12:04 pm
Nicole is right, blog playing can suck you right in! I spent days and days messing with mine. I’m still not happy with it, but I’m trying to leave it alone! 🙂
Thanks for coming by my blog!
October 24, 2008 @ 6:47 pm
I know exactly what you mean! I think that’s partly the reason why I listed the 13 so I’ll stick to only the 13 and then move on to non-blog-tweaking related stuff!
Thanks for coming over too 🙂
October 24, 2008 @ 6:48 pm
Oh yeah, my eyes criss-crossed so many times I can’t believe they survived! Haha 🙂
October 24, 2008 @ 6:48 pm
October 24, 2008 @ 6:49 pm
Like what Nona said, my eyes crisscrossed with all that coding! I’m just pretending to be techy, hehe 🙂
Thanks for swinging by!
tips and tricks
October 25, 2008 @ 8:55 am
I’m thinking of doing the same thing with my blog…but I need more time to do that. Hopefully soon *crossing the fingers*
February 7, 2010 @ 3:52 am
hi guys and galls, There is a new facebook application released you can view it here:
Basicly you get paid in amazon vouchers for every survey you complete, i have made $50 so far today. The vouchers can be used for anything you like 🙂 Soon you will be getting paid via paypal. ITs simple as that.
Also you can get up to 30% of what your friends earn, So get referring your friends.(note mods my link is not a refer link)
Thats all there is to it , So check out the app and hopefully you can make some money the easy way like i just have today.:D