Basic Food Photography Class 2013

I received a mailer from 50 Feasts today announcing their ONLY Basic Food Photography Class for 2013.

Source: 50feasts.com via Vera on Pinterest

This information couldn’t have come at a worse time. I don’t think I can set aside the money for the registration, although I’ve been on the fence all year about signing up for this.

If you’ve read my blog for awhile, you probably noticed how I’m a frustrated food photographer. My Shoot. Eat. Blog., and Iphoneography posts are just two where I mention this. Perhaps I’ve taken for granted that 50 Feasts may choose to stop offering this amazing class that I didn’t really get around to saving up specifically for it.

So I’m torn. There are only five slots left for this class of only six students. If I want to take a serious plunge into the wonderful world of food photography, this would be the best time for it. I wish I could say that the class would be an investment, but I can’t honestly treat it as one. Though others who have taken the class probably do so with the intent of going into business as a food photographer, I still am seeing it as a hobby and as a way to enrich myself. Not necessarily looking to it as a career, but it would also be a nice option, if it turns out that I truly have the talent for it. Sigh.

Will I or Won’t I?

Meanwhile…

I saw these custom pins from pinsforanything.com and my mind went wild with ideas! It would have been so cool and special to gift unique pins for each person on my gift list this year. But it looks like they have a minimum order of 100. Oh well.

This entry was posted on Sunday, December 30th, 2012 at 4:03 pm and is filed under Photography. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

20 Responses to “Basic Food Photography Class 2013”

Candz December 30th, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Go for it pupung!!! <3

What if you really have the talent and just need this class for you to see it… be a hobby or business just go for it, then from there you'll know where it will lead you… <3

Yan din iniisip ko. Still thinking, hehe :)

filman santiago December 31st, 2012 at 4:25 am

I think that is great. Go and grab it. If you think you really need it, then why not? I for one, is among those, who wants to study and get serious with photography. I always find alibis instead of finding time to it. LOL!
filman santiago´s last [post] ..First Family Christmas Dinner @ The Butcher Shop and Grill

promding chamimay January 1st, 2013 at 4:51 pm

oh the compulsive me would say go for it!!! but still check your circumstance… :-)

Definitely checking. :)

Louise Antonette|Mommy Practicality January 2nd, 2013 at 10:59 am

Personally, I try to learn/start something new each year. Getting new skills will enrich you and help you become more confident as well! :) It will earn you more friends/network too! Good luck! :)
Louise Antonette|Mommy Practicality´s last [post] ..Welcome 2013 by Decluttering Your Home

I try to do that too. And as I’ve mentioned, i’d been eyeing this class in particular. Still weighing the pros and cons though.
thanks! :)

Daddy Allan January 4th, 2013 at 1:18 pm

I am a bit interested in that photography class too. But I need to purchase my DSLR first before attending such classes.
Daddy Allan´s last [post] ..Captured Moments: Baby Scientist

KRIZZA January 5th, 2013 at 10:39 am

I think, you should go for it! Learning something that we love to do is really great. We may get positive things in the end because of our dedication and patience.
KRIZZA´s last [post] .."Wat Pho" In Bangkok

January/NailsKolours January 5th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

grab the opportunity sis! :) hehe
January/NailsKolours´s last [post] ..Nail Art: Snowflakes

Pinay R. January 7th, 2013 at 12:24 am

It really depends on your finances because I know you yourself would love to go into it! Good luck with your decision!
Pinay R.´s last [post] ..2012: THE YEAR THAT WAS (AS A BLOGGER)!

anne lei January 7th, 2013 at 1:00 am

i am as frustrated as you sis. i want to at least improve my cam shooting. so maybe, i should try at least shoot and shoot until it is perfect.

GenzelKisses January 8th, 2013 at 9:03 am

I feel you. It’s like me confused if I’ll go to a make-up workshop or not since I find it a bit expensive for me but if I suggest that if you can afford your food photography class go for it even if it’s just for the hobby or pursuing career. It can improve your skills :)
GenzelKisses´s last [post] ..Indulge in the Luxury of Beauty Sleep with Lady Satin

The class was already full so I didn’t have to decide after all. Thank you :)

ceemee January 8th, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I am also torn about the workshops lined up at Manila Workshops. Although I would like to enrich myself with new learning, my budget is also limited.
ceemee´s last [post] ..Guest Post: Advice From Mark Hansen To Kidpreneurs

ceemee January 8th, 2013 at 3:46 pm

ceemee´s last [post] ..Guest Post: Advice From Mark Hansen To Kidpreneurs

Sana unli budget for self-enriching projects no? :)

ceemee Reply:

I know, right!
ceemee´s last [post] ..New Year {2013}, Cymplified!

class="alt" id="comment-151926">

JB January 12th, 2013 at 7:47 am

have you ever come across the “pinch of yum” food blog? she wrote an ebook on food photography:

scroll down and click on “Tasty Food Photography” to see excerpts from the book. i haven’t bought it, but it looks promising. plus it’s only $19. the “income” tab up top is pretty inspiring as well, especially for us bloggers. ;)
JB´s last [post] ..Gifts from Provence

Thanks for the tip! I’ll check it out.