My Cooking Master Boy and Thursday Thirteen #11
Cooking Master Boy – that is Alfred’s favorite anime. I enjoyed watching it too when it was on ABS-CBN but for Alfred, it’s like a how-to guide for cooking. Seriously. He’s been watching the series again, but this time through Youtube.com or Crunchyroll.com or some other video site that carry the any or all 52 episodes of the toon.
He’s been wanting to cook the perfect Yangchow fried rice, or even just to simply perfect the art of adding egg to rice. The other day, after watching an episode of Cooking Master Boy, he claimed to know the trick to get it done. For breakfast yesterday morning, he got up and tried his newly learned trick. In fairness, he didn’t disappoint. So breakfast was a big, fun event yesterday. 🙂
A couple of hours later, while we were at the mall looking for a chopper/food processor to make crushing Oreos an easier task for me, he still couldn’t forget about his wonderfully cooked fried rice. He was disappointed at not having taken a photo; I said we’ll capture it on film next time – if he can recreate it. 🙂
Today, I am bummed about NOT being able to post a decent TT in the past 3 or 4 weeks. Really, I had several ideas and posts written out in my mind but I never reached the keyboard to get them all out. Does that happen to you too? I think it happens to many of us – we actually think about stuff that’s happening around us and react to them, and then later think what a great post that would turn out to be – and then not get to post.
So here’s my thirteen posts I have yet to write.
- A post for or about my Mom and our relationship. Of course with Mother’s Day last Sunday, I thought about how we didn’t grow up as ‘good friends’ but having an ok relationship nonetheless. Instead of posting those thoughts right away, I stopped to look for her pictures that I can scrap and include in the post.
- My top freebie hunts for digital scrapbooking. I have long wanted to feature maybe two designer blogs at a time, as my little way of thanking them for all the wonderful designs they give away to cheap-o’s like me who grab every freebie that comes their way. 🙂 When I get to do this, the first one I would write about would be Susan of Raspberry Road.
- My follow up post about our day at the beach waves of Club Manila East. I have not finished my layouts of our pictures. And I MUST talk about the indestructible paper bracelet.
- Ramble about what I’m going to do for social change. As a young girl I was involved in many activities that contribute to society. I really was a child rights advocate and not just one who would talk about it. Now, I don’t really do anything in that front and I wish I could change that.
- My thoughts on being a non-active Church member who does not attend Sunday mass (or any mass for that matter). I specifically want to dig through my thoughts and feelings about what I can do to be part of either the Youth movement or Sunday School. I know I have something to contribute, I’m just not making time.
- Our third anniversary in the company. On the 23rd, Vanette, Edsel, Bea, Joey and I would be celebrating our 3rd year at NCO. We’re down to 3 from the original 24 (am I correct?) who started training as L2 TSRs. We were the special class that spent one week at Camelot Hotel. We were the class with a lot of potential.
- I wanted to share an inspirational video that I watched while I was at work the other day. It’s about how our attitude towards events and things in our everyday lives could be key to what becomes of us . At least that’s what I remember about it. I will watch it again and get the link up here someday.
- Ramble about friends and why I am not like others who spend so much time with friends. This is something I think about very often.
- Budgeting and saving money; making money. I really would love to travel and go on trips but don’t have the resources for it. I’ve been earning three times as much as I did three years ago and yet my bank account doesn’t have much. I know I can be thrifty if I wanted to, so why am I not so? I also make a little money through my blog over at http://verabear.bravejournal.com but I’d also like to explore how else I can earn online.
- Marriage/Wedding plans. Okay, there are no concrete plans yet
- I have not added Steve Berry’s The Third Secret to my bookcase. I read this weeks ago.
- How my luck is turning and my team is performing well at work now. I wanted to write about each team member to go with the pictures of our videoke night. That’s another item on my “to-scrap” list.
- The baking courses and schools and I read about online and why I want to sign up. Last month, I had plans to sign up for baking courses (which would have started in May).
I will post about these things SOON. If not, well, at least they’re on this list already. Hahaha!
Read my past TTs here and here.
May 15, 2008 @ 6:12 am
WOW! That’s a lot of post goals! I don’t believe I have ever had such a backlog of ideas! Usually I’m doing good if I HAVE an idea! LOL! No writer’s block for your, that’s for sure! Well done!
May 15, 2008 @ 6:16 am
Holy crap! If I have three ideas scribbled on scratch paper I am doing good…your list is fantastic!!
May 15, 2008 @ 3:52 pm
Oh my. If I have a list, I think I won’t be having trouble with updating.
May 17, 2008 @ 7:43 am
It can be helpful to make a list. My list is still in my head though… 😉
Thanks for visiting my 80’s tv-series TT!
May 17, 2008 @ 9:21 am
You have a lot of interesting things to think about! Your church involvement concerns interest me, and so do your cooking interests. God bless.
May 17, 2008 @ 11:36 am
Great list of posts to work on. Thanks for visiting. Happy TT.
May 17, 2008 @ 6:06 pm
Thank you for your nice comments on my blog:) You seem to be a really interesting person and very generous, thats why I’m tagging you…
Go to my blog and read the first part and then jump in.
May 17, 2008 @ 7:29 pm
Good luck with all your goals. That anime sounds interesting. Happy belated TT.