Today, friends and family in the US will be celebrating Thanksgiving and feasting over good food.
To celebrate with them, let me say thank you for the blessings I’ve received.
- for the good news I’ve received last week, and for the reason that make my colleagues at work happy for me.
- for the choices I made, that turned out to be the right ones. For the wrong turns I took, and the lessons I’ve learned from them.
- for the new friends I made this year. May I continue to get to know them, and have them in my life. I realize that I don’t have so many friends that I spend time with and that mostly I just have people I chat with when I’m at work. I pray though, that I continue to cultivate those relationships such that we truly become friends rather than just colleagues and lunchmates.
- for the birthdays we celebrated this year, and the ones we look forward to.
- for the freedom to express my views, that I am free to express outrage at the atrocity that was unleashed to 57 victims of the Ampatuan Massacre. 57 families cry out for justice, and the rest of the country cries out with them.
- for the opportunities to give back, no matter how small I fell those gestures have been. Deep inside I have guilt, for I know there is so much more I can do to help your people. Yet I don’t beat myself up for it, because I also know that I do what I can when I can. And I know you do not wish anyone to do good out of obligation, but rather of their own free will. Someday, I will find balance.
- for keeping us in good health, despite the many trips to the hospital this year. That there is no reason to file a disability appeal, is much appreciated.
- that though I leave home in the deepest hours of the night, you always keep me safe.
- that I have so many reasons to be happy and thankful, and not one reason to be sad.
Thank you for my blog readers too, and the comments they’d surely be leaving for this post. 😉
November 27, 2009 @ 6:27 am
A happy Pinoy Thanksgiving!
.-= grayspirit´s last blog ..“My” Sari-Sari Store: An Experiment in the War on Poverty =-.
November 27, 2009 @ 11:10 pm
happy thanksgiving, vera! 🙂
.-= wenk.´s last blog ..Longing. =-.
December 3, 2009 @ 11:53 pm
there’s just so many things to be thankful for! happy thanksgiving vera!
.-= czaroma´s last blog ..Celebrating 30 Years of Fulfilled Life =-.