Nokia Lumia 920

I love my iOS devices. I suffer from serious Mac-envy. But I am definitely a Windows person. Perhaps I developed a loyalty to the brand due to working for them for over five years, but maybe it’s also because it’s just that easy to use and it’s available. I love Windows 7, and am interested in trying out Windows 8. (Oh, and did I mention that I blog with Windows Live Writer on my PC?)

As for mobile devices, I can no longer imagine a life before Smart phones. Can you? Yet in the early years of the mobile invasion, we were all content with the green screens and brick phones. My first few phones were all Nokias. The sturdiest phone I ever owned was the first one I ever got – the Nokia 3210. I remember dropping that phone on the bleachers outside the UP Gym and the resulting scratch was barely noticeable. My last Nokia was from the 82 series, not sure if it was an 8210 or an 8250. I bought it second hand, and with a camera attachment.

nokia 8210

(image source)

But I’ve since moved on from Nokia. Moved on, and never looked back.

The Lumia line, boasting its PureView camera technology, is something worth checking out.

Nokia-Abenson 01

A smart phone with a great camera, Windows 8, and full version of Microsoft Office? This really sounds good. Send me a red one will you?

Read up on its features on the Lumia 920 product page. I got the iPhone initially because of it’s camera, and Instagram. Had I learned of PureView before falling into the iOS trap, I really probably would have considered getting a Lumia.

If you like what you’re reading so far, you can also head out to an Abenson store near you, and experience the Nokia Lumia 920 for yourself. I hear the Trinoma branch (so does Shangri-la Plaza and The New Glorietta) let’s you test the phone, so I might swing by one of these days and check it out. Shopping for this and other gadgets at Abenson comes with perks too – the store frequently has promotions that give freebies for your purchase, plus all major credit cards have 0% interest installment deals!

Nokia-Abenson 02

So there you have it. If you’re in the market for a new phone, don’t leave Nokia out of the running. The Lumia 920 might just be the phone for you. Smile

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 21st, 2013 at 4:07 pm and is filed under Interesting stuff, Shopping. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

47 Responses to “Nokia Lumia 920”

Mommy Maye February 27th, 2013 at 10:52 am

My first Nokia phone is 5110 and then 3310, then 6630. Hehe. I will agree with you super tibay nila.

Mommy maye

Daddy Allan February 27th, 2013 at 11:48 am

My first CP is trium then my father gave me his 5110i. Unfortunately stolen at recto area. tehn I got 3310, 6630, music express.
Daddy Allan´s last [post] ..Project: Homemade Soap (update)

Mys February 27th, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Mine was the 5110 which I gave to bf (now hubby) and I got the 3210. Now, I’m still in C3. Loyal to Nokia though dreaming of those phablets.
Mys´s last [post] ..Invitation Suppliers I Like

Marie February 27th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

My first phone was a Nokia 6150. tuwang tuwa ako nun at may infra red yung ordinary wala haha. How bilis the technology ano? Alam mo ba during those days, components of a Nokia phone or an Ericsson phone would likely be made in the Philippines? (Texas Instruments manufacture the parts)
Marie´s last [post] ..The Birds and The Bees and Me

Sa Cebu ba yung Texas Instruments? Galing! I had a 6150 too (or was it 6250?), infrared na di ko man lang ata nagamit! hehe

Marie Reply:

Sis, Texas Instruments is here in Baguio since 1978 and oh, do you know parts of Boeing and Airbus are made here din? Over at Moog Controls, also in Baguio.
Marie´s last [post] ..The Birds and The Bees and Me

Cool!

Aileen February 27th, 2013 at 5:28 pm

You know, more than a decade ago, when they had cellphones for calls and beepers for messages and all that is way,way expensive, I have envisioned that someday, we’ll have cellphones with messaging capabilities…but now, I am just simply dumbstruck that my vision was so shortsighted, looking at these smart phones hehehe….so much for dreaming. Best wishes on this entry. :-)
Aileen´s last [post] ..Infographic: Workout Nutrition Guide

Ang galing nga ng vision mo eh :)

Vanessa February 28th, 2013 at 6:53 am

My first phone was a N3210 then when it was stolen, I got myself a N3250. When it was broken, I bought a Sony Ericsson phone and I never looked back on Nokia phones since then. I have been using my Sony Ericsson until now. Nice post! Goodluck! :-)
Vanessa´s last [post] ..My Watsons Find: Cream Hand Soap

Nag Sony ericsson din ako, mga 3 phones din yun that I truly truly loved.

Lady Anne February 28th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I heard Lumia is great! I haven’t tried it yet, but based on the looks, it’s sleek and durable.

Maan February 28th, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Everyone had a Nokia back then. You weren’t cool if you didn’t. How is the Lumia better than other smartphones, Vera?
Maan´s last [post] ..News Flash!

I think it really boasts of its camera, plus it uses the Windows 8 software. haven’t seen one up close yet though.

aby February 28th, 2013 at 2:21 pm

i remember the Jurassic cellphones before who would thought smartphone would be invented.. :)
aby´s last [post] ..Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner At Terraza Cafe, Club Balai Isabel

ceemee February 28th, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Mine was a 5110, hehe! My then-bf-now-hubby was the one who was ashamed that I was using that, so he bought me a new one with camera (yun pa bago dati), I forgot what model. Hehe!
ceemee´s last [post] ..Brave Movie, Cymplified!

My friends who got their phones before I did got the 5110 with interchangeable face cover pa :)

Marie Reply:

Oo nga, I remember that. Cool na noon ang different phone covers (which may be in grey or maroon or hot pink ba hehe)
Marie´s last [post] ..The Birds and The Bees and Me

Leslie February 28th, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I’ve been a nokia user for quite a while (about 8 years) it’s a good phone company. I think my dad is planning to buy this unit,.
Leslie´s last [post] ..“Unboxing” the BABY BULLET

Leslie February 28th, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Loved your post!
Leslie´s last [post] ..Chasta is the cutest!

Jhari March 1st, 2013 at 5:05 am

I was an avid Nokia user as well sis. From 6600 to N73 Pink, I had to shift to being a Blackberry and and iPhone user. I had to because we’re using BB to communicate with fellow co-workers and my personal phone naman was the iPhone. I gave my N73 to my niece (w/c I hope is still alive).
Jhari´s last [post] ..Because Of You

Ahhhh ako nag shift lang kasi i thought the clamshell ericsson was cute. And konti lang may ganon na phone dati. Forgot what model it was. hehe

Chin chin March 1st, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I dropped by Trinoma and checked out Lumia. It was really awesome. It would be cool to have one.
Chin chin´s last [post] ..Win Tickets for the Movie Oz the Great and Powerful from Nokia, Abenson and Nuffnang

Ang dami kong lakwatsa this weekend pero di ako nakadalaw sa Trinoma. Good to hear you think it’s an awesome phone :)

Dominique Goh March 1st, 2013 at 3:21 pm

My first phone was a Nokia too.. the phones have really change a lot since back then.
Dominique Goh´s last [post] ..Diamond Earings Giveaway- (US) ends 31st March

tet March 1st, 2013 at 10:52 pm

i’m a nokia baby before but now,i grew up with samsung. :)
tet´s last [post] ..Review: AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream

Grew up nga!

Linnor March 1st, 2013 at 11:02 pm

trip down nokia memory lane. the most memorable nokia i had was the 7650, the first phonecam/camphone. i was a very proud owner. hehe
Linnor´s last [post] ..Making Time

nakaka proud naman talaga pag top of the line, haha :)

anne lei March 2nd, 2013 at 12:30 pm

the last and the most loved Nokia I have was 6151, it was a 3g phone. Mobile access was so fast. My brother used to have the lumia. Unfortunately it was stolen. Swerte ang magnanakaw kasi 3 months pa lang sa kanya yun.
anne lei´s last [post] ..Wedding Expo Philippines

Swerte nga ng nakakuha! Kainis naman yun.

Rizza March 2nd, 2013 at 9:35 pm

I’m an apple user, currently. And I’m seriously thinking of switching to Samsung. As to Nokia.. haven’t thought of it, sis. Thanks for the review! It’s something to factor in!
Rizza´s last [post] ..Cooking Pasta with Shrimps and Spinach

Try to explore the new Lumia before you finally switch :) Si boyfriend din was thinking of switching to Samsung (he is currently using a Blackberry because his iPhone died last year, hehe) but decided to get an iphone 5 din for himself siguro by end of this month :)

RonLeyba March 2nd, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Nokia redeem their brand and their prowess with Lumia. They are now back in the game of smartphones!
RonLeyba´s last [post] ..11 Romantic And Comedy Filled Wedding Movies With The Word WEDDING At Their Titles

And it’s really about time they get back in the game no? Sayang naman kung pang museum na lang ang nokia. :)

max March 3rd, 2013 at 9:43 am

our phones are all nokias, my first phone was 3210 haha
nice entry hope you win

I hope so too. Thank you :)

Louise Antonette|Mommy Practicality March 3rd, 2013 at 2:54 pm

I used to have that nokia 8210 ata yan.. i’m an Android smart phone user but I’ve heard raves about Nokia Lumia as well. :)

I’ve also seen a previous Lumia version, maganda naman talaga. :)

ElizOF March 4th, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I used to have a Nokia years ago… Great phone company. Now I have a blackberry.
Eliz
ElizOF´s last [post] ..Haiku: Return Of The Cold…

Chan March 4th, 2013 at 10:30 pm

So finally Nokia came up with a good smartphone that is at par with the competition no?

tyna March 5th, 2013 at 2:17 am

my first phone is a nokia now i have samsung. they are both good brands and besides im not really that particular with brands anyway.
tyna´s last [post] ..Real Ultimate Summer Activity at ExpoKid Year 5

tyna March 5th, 2013 at 2:17 am

tyna´s last [post] ..Real Ultimate Summer Activity at ExpoKid Year 5

free music downloads here February 4th, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Piece of writing writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with then you
can write otherwise it is difficult to write.
free music downloads here´s last [post] ..free music downloads here

Power Bank Malaysia March 26th, 2014 at 7:50 pm

My first Nokia phone was 2300 and I loved this phone so much. On today’s everyone carries a smart phone with different operating system. If I am talking about Lumia it is really great to use with great technologies but Nokia is too far away from Android operating systems which makes their profit low.

asima April 18th, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Awesome collection..!!
How nicely you manage the whole blog.t-mobile phones