Smart is Sexy

The video of Ashton Kutcher’s acceptance speech at the 2013 Teen Choice Awards went viral earlier this week. He received the “Ultimate Choice Award,” and decide to dish out some ultimate advise:

>> Opportunities look a lot like work.

>> The sexiest thing in the entire world is being really smart

>> Build your own life.

Wise words. Really, wise words. If only the audience could stop for a second and really listen. Seriously, it was a great message, but the young ones in the live show wasn’t ready for it. Good thing social media is keeping the message going, so even the young girls who couldn’t stop to listen then can just watch the videos over and over, and then hopefully pick up a lesson or two (or three).

For many people, it’s not easy to talk about building your own life. It is a lot easier to conform – to just fall in line and do what’s been done for a very long time. No one ever said that going with the flow was a bad thing. As for myself, I’m still defining the life I want for the future. I think I’m living a good one right now, but what do I really want for the rest of time? :)

This entry was posted on Saturday, August 17th, 2013 at 7:51 pm and is filed under Interesting stuff, Ramblings and Brain farts, Videos. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

29 Responses to “Smart is Sexy”

Georgia Girls August 17th, 2013 at 8:46 pm

An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment. There’s no doubt that that you should publish more on this topic, it might not be a taboo matter but typically people don’t
speak about these subjects. To the next! Cheers!!
Georgia Girls´s last [post] ..Georgia Girls

Melgie August 21st, 2013 at 10:08 am

This is very interesting, build your own life.. start from very strong foundation, not afraid to make mistakes, follow your heart and decide whatever makes you happy..:) cheers celebrate life to the fullest

Maan August 21st, 2013 at 10:36 am

Oh, too bad I can’t see the video! I love Ashton Kutcher! But I love the message more. I couldn’t agree more. One doesn’t have to wait until he’s old before he begins building the life he wants!
Maan´s last [post] ..Yuri-isms: New Antics and Words

JanzCrystalz/January August 21st, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Those are wise words to share in front of the young ones in the audience (hope they were able top grasp it) as well as to us watching the video! :)
JanzCrystalz/January´s last [post] ..InstaPic: Pomelo + Rambutan

Linnor August 21st, 2013 at 2:51 pm

coming from ashton who started out playing bit roles until he became a star and a producer, i think he speaks from experience. that should inspire youngsters to focus on building a good life for themselves too.
Linnor´s last [post] ..Ashtanga at Yogahub

i really hope they got the message. And it’s a good one for me too. I’ve always said I’m not one to just fit into a conventional ‘life’ but now that I’m older, I’m not so sure I redefined it for myself. heh. :)

Lady Anne August 21st, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Oh yes, smart is sexy!!! I don’t know why other celebs play dumb. I love Ashton!

Oo nga. pero playing dumb works for a lot of people, lol

tet August 21st, 2013 at 11:07 pm

i’ve heard the same speech from Ashton the other day. I agree. Plus he’s still so sexy. haha. :)

super. Wonder who his new gf is?

tet Reply:

no idea.. who?
tet´s last [post] ..KSeries: Gu Family Book Complete Episode (Free Download)

Chin chin August 22nd, 2013 at 8:29 am

I think I like that – smart is sexy. Many still don’t think so as some still ridicule smart people or perhaps they’re just jealous.
Chin chin´s last [post] ..4 Simple Art and Craft Projects for Kids (8)

Yes, they’re just jealous! haha :)

Jellybelly August 22nd, 2013 at 7:00 pm

I love how Ashton Kutcher turned out to be so much more than fluff. The substance of his message is heard everyday but coming from him delivered to teenage girls carries weight. I think.
Jellybelly´s last [post] ..Natural Remedies VS Modern Medicine

It definitely carries more weight. More celebrities should really choose their messages better, hindi lang sana consumerism ang ipromote diba. hehe :)

Jhari August 23rd, 2013 at 6:32 am

I’m so inis nga with the people screaming and shouting noh? Well I guess that’s why they call it teen awards hahaha! When Lea Michele was on the stage, I wanted to say “Shhh!!!” kasi I was in tears and really focusing on her speech for Cory. Anyway, I can’t wait to see Ashton as Steve Jobs. I’ve seen the trailer. He’s a good actor. I like him :)
Jhari´s last [post] ..My Third CT Membership

looking forward to Jobs too. Saw Lea’s acceptance speech as well, at first it looked all normal, until she finally talked about Cory. Hay.

Farida August 23rd, 2013 at 10:46 am

he may be young but he is very wise… “build a life, find your opportunity and always be sexy.” Ang galing!

Glenda August 23rd, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I agree with aston, smart is indeed sexy to me.
Glenda´s last [post] ..Akalain Mo ‘Yon…(A Poem)

Marie August 23rd, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Love those words of wisdome. I hope the teens listened (but you know, I think they are : reminds me of a song by david bowie quoted before the Breakfast Club movie started-shows my age hehe
“And the children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They are quite aware of what they are going through.”
Marie´s last [post] ..{Tropical Storm Maring} Areas Under State of Calamity In The Philippines

I think those children grew up to be us, the ones who were aware, haha. Kids these days, hay. Pero not completely hopeless. :)

Rose August 23rd, 2013 at 10:40 pm

it was such an inspiring speech. great wisdom from someone whom i usually associate to pranksters and dumb guys thanks to the characters he plays on television. he has definitely come a long way from his michael kelso days.
Rose´s last [post] ..Goodbye, Gwen.

He’s really gone soooo far from his Kelso days. loved him there. haha :)

Kristine @ A Changed Life August 24th, 2013 at 2:16 am

Truly smart is sexy and attractive. Some people may not get it, but others do!
Kristine @ A Changed Life´s last [post] ..Pasalubong treats from the different parts of the Philppines.

Wanderwoman August 25th, 2013 at 9:59 am

He is bringing sexy back…beyond the beauty!
Wanderwoman´s last [post] ..Stopping at Flagstaff

kat August 26th, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I really hope those screaming teenagers got the message.
kat´s last [post] ..4 Easy Recipes for the Busy People

Meikah Ybañez-Delid August 27th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

You know what? You nailed it! All those screaming, sigh! But yeah as you say, good thing there’s social media and blogs (like yours) and mine (yes, I’ve written about it, too, lol) keep this convo going. :)

Allan August 27th, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I believe that being sexy does not only on the looks but it includes the brain too.
Allan´s last [post] ..Cooking with Pork Innards

Rose August 29th, 2013 at 12:04 am

Before this speech, I didn’t really look at Ashton as somebody who would think this way. I guess first impression doesn’t always last.
Rose´s last [post] ..Read-Up: An Elegant Blog Giveaway!