From My Reader | Tess Thomspon: Inspiration for Ordinary Life

image

I recently finished one of her books, Riversong. She’s an author whose blog I started reading way before learning about the books she’d written.

Her blog, Tess Thompson – Inspiration for Ordinary Life, is a beautiful blog. Some blogs I keep going back to because of the author’s wit or because of lovely photos and visuals. Others because of the recipes and lovely food photography. But with this blog, it’s all about the writing.

She has a way with words that I could only wish I had. I don’t even have the words to describe it. But a page off her blog is like a full story. Read this one, Jumping Into the Green, and I think you’ll know what I mean.

I read her blog and then think about my own. How mine is so different, and how I’d love to write as beautifully as she does. But I don’t, and I still keep writing. I figure if I write about interesting blogs like hers, and practice practice practice, I’ll eventually find my voice and no longer be insecure about my blog or my writing. Maybe.

This entry was posted on Monday, October 14th, 2013 at 8:44 am and is filed under From My Reader. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

16 Responses to “From My Reader | Tess Thomspon: Inspiration for Ordinary Life”

kimmy October 15th, 2013 at 12:44 pm

hmmm.. it must be really interesting if you like it. i might check it out myself one of these days..
kimmy´s last [post] ..Perfect Promo

ElizOF October 20th, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I enjoy your writing and I think you’ve found your voice. It takes time, practice, and a lot of re-writing to craft the perfect piece. Lots of great writers also have editors so don’t be hard on yourself. We all have our gifts; just different ones.
Eliz
ElizOF´s last [post] ..Haiku: Intolerance…

Meikah Ybañez-Delid October 21st, 2013 at 11:14 am

Yeah, it’s a mountain of inspirations there. I will be checking out this blog, too. Thanks for sharing! :)
Meikah Ybañez-Delid´s last [post] ..Design Ideas for Your Kid’s Room from Giggle

Dominique Goh October 21st, 2013 at 3:54 pm

This sounds like a really interesting read.. will put it on my To read list :)
Dominique Goh´s last [post] ..Ten ways to say I Love You

Glenda October 21st, 2013 at 6:00 pm

It’s like a summarized chapter of a book, nice to read though but I believe that each blogger is unique and you have your own identity. That is her talent, you have yours and you are blessed. :)
Glenda´s last [post] ..Listening Makes Us Wiser

Maan October 22nd, 2013 at 11:10 am

No need to get insecure, sis; you write well! I can actually relate to the feeling of admiring other people’s writing and then comparing theirs to mine, but at the end of the day, we are all differnet. We have different styles. But I have no doubt she writes really well!
Maan´s last [post] ..Kitchen Cleanup Treasures & Discoveries

tet October 22nd, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Heard about her for the first time and visited her blog for the 1st time as well. She’s really great in words. I missed reading books because of my busy sked. I hope one day I can bump into her books in the stand and manage to get one for myself. :)
tet´s last [post] ..Review: Pond’s Acne Clear White

Rose October 22nd, 2013 at 9:34 pm

i have a lot of blog inspirations too and i always wish i’d be as good as them someday. but blogging takes effort to build a loyal audience. someday, people will be visiting your blog not just because of comment exchange but because they’re curious already about your updates.:)
Rose´s last [post] ..Shaken, not stirred.

Melgie October 23rd, 2013 at 2:15 am

I think you write pretty good. Sis, and this book is so interesting:)I’m gonna check this out sometime. Its good to be inspired and be inspired..:)

ceemee October 23rd, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I also sometimes wish I write more interestingly so that I have more readers. I guess I really need lots of practice and the best way is to write what I love and what I’m passionate about.
ceemee´s last [post] ..Ready To Be Rich: Family Finances Workshop, Cymplified!

Aileen October 24th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I’ve recently come upon this group of women who write articles that are quite moving and I wish I could write like that. I think it’s because they write about something they are very passionate about and they write from the heart.
Aileen´s last [post] ..{Fit and Strong Day 24}: Yoga for Strength Training

Mys October 24th, 2013 at 2:34 pm

We each have our own voice and though I tend to visit because of bloghops or commex, I keep doing it because I also enjoy reading your voice, your style, and your way of sharing experiences and thoughts.
Mys´s last [post] ..Saving General Yang

Thank you so much Mys. I do like your writing style too :)

Lady Anne October 24th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

I think we are all going through the phase of finding our voice, and having someone to look up to is really helpful. Btw, your posts are already excellent, Vera!
Lady Anne´s last [post] ..Extreme Fun at Yas Waterworld

January/Janzcrystalz October 25th, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I have always wished to be a good writer like everyone else, pero wala talaga ako talent. But I still keep on writing and updating my blogs hoping that in the future I’ll do better.
January/Janzcrystalz´s last [post] ..Happy Birth Anniversary Mom

class="alt" id="comment-251927">

Marie October 26th, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Thanks for sharing this, Vera. I actually checked her blog and I find it inspirational. Hayy, will include this on my long TBR list :)
Marie´s last [post] ..{Wordless Wednesday} Zombie Invasion! What Will Adrian Do?